Trash pickup in Forest Park is provided by Collier County Utilities through a contract with Waste Management. Below you will find information about how and who to contact with your questions.
Curbside Collection and Disposal Services
Solid Waste Curbside Collection and Disposal Services include:
- Twice-a-week curbside collection of household waste – Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Once-a-week recycling collection – Saturdays
- Once-a-week yard waste collection – Saturdays
- Pickup is normally completed by 12 Noon on the day of service
- Call (239) 252-2380 to schedule collection of appliances, electronics, standard vehicle tires or vehicle batteries
Holiday Collection Schedule
There will be no collection on the following holidays:
- Fourth of July
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
There are no makeup days. If your collection falls on one of these holidays, your trash, recycling, bulky items and yard waste will be collection on your next scheduled day.
To make sure you don’t miss a curbside garbage or recycling pickup follow these guidelines:
- Set your carts out after 6 p.m. on the day before collection day and remove before 6 p.m. the day of collection.
- Be sure to place your carts at least three feet from each other and from other obstacles like mail boxes.
- Garbage and Recycle Carts are assigned to the house and don’t belong to the homeowner.
- If your new house doesn’t already have a cart, please call (239) 252-2380 and you will receive a new cart at no charge.
Replacements and Repairs
- For cart repairs, replacements, or to obtain a new cart, please contact (239)252-2380
- Each dwelling is entitled to two recycling and one garbage cart
- Residents are able to purchase additional carts
- If your cart is missing, stolen or damaged, it will be replaced free of charge
- Replacements due customer negligence may be charged with a replacement plus a delivery fee
- Place your household waste in your green lidded cart
- If you have an excess amount of waste, you can place up to 10 heavy duty bags next to your garbage cart for pickup
- Lids on your carts must be able to close
Bulky Item Collection
Please call (239) 252-2380, 48 hours in advance for bulky waste collection. You may place bulky items at curbside on your recycle collection day. Bulky items include furniture, bicycles and other items too large to fit in your green lidded trash cart.
Scheduled bulky items include:
- Appliances such as:
- dish washers
- other household appliances
- Door must removed to avoid entrapment of children and all content must be removed.
- Tires and Batteries – You may dispose of two vehicle batteries and four standard vehicle tires per month.
- Construction and Demolition Debris
- You may dispose of debris from small do-it-yourself projects in your green lidded garbage cart. If it does it does not fit in the cart, DO NOT put it at the curb. These materials should be removed by the contractor or the home-owner can take it to the Collier County Landfill for proper waste disposal.
Yard Waste Collection
Yard Waste is collected curbside on your recycle collection day. Yard waste bundles, yard waste paper bags and personal containers are limited to 10 per collection. During the holidays, Christmas trees are collected as yard waste. Remove tinsel and decorations.
To ensure your yard waste is collected please follow these steps:
- Bundle It – Bundles must weigh less that 50 pounds, be secured with twine and no longer than 4 feet. Branches may not be larger than 4 inches in diameter.
- Bag It – Use ONLY paper yard waste bags or paper grocery bags. Plastic bags will not be accepted. Place all leaves, grass and other trimmings in bags.
- Container It – You may use 45-gallon personal containers that weigh less than 50 pounds when filled. The yard waste may not extend more than 12 inches over the top of the container.
- Always dispose of hazardous products properly and responsibly.
- Do not place hazardous waste is your trash or recycling carts.
- Hazardous waste includes, batteries, cleaning products, gasoline, paint and more.
- Bring household hazardous waste to your nearest drop-off center for environmentally safe disposal. For proper disposal of hazardous waste, visit a Recycling Drop-Off Center